Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Welcome to the new gym, same as the old gym

Well, it's a little different than my last one. They have pictures hanging everywhere of half naked women, big bumpy muscle men who look like they're covered in tumors, and one completely nude 500 lb woman, so I'm never completely sure where it's safe to look. I'm discovering that when they say the personal trainer is included, they mean the personal trainer is present, but he'll only pay you any mind if you have tits and a pussy. It's the same story as before, though with less tongue wagging. Either the personal trainer is sitting around or he's spooning or making out or playing grab-ass with his woman. So mostly I'm on my own. One strange thing is you can't bring your own water. You have to buy their water ehich is jacked up to 18 pesos for 1.5 liters - and they only sell 1.5 liters. I have to drink water while I'm lifting, I have to, so that means that going 5 times a week for a month would cost $360, that's almost as much as I'm paying for the fucking membership. I've been keeping water in my locker and sneaking sips in between sets... which is okay for now. Another thing is they don't appear to clean their gym. Usually, unlike in the states, the cleaning people constantly clean up around everyone during normal working hours, instead of cleaning after hours. I haven't seen any cleaning crew so I assume they prolly don't clean much at all. Well it seemed like a good deal at first, but I may start looking for a different gym...

I was surprised that after not lifting for nearly a week and a half my capacity had increased greatly, in some cases I was lifting 11 and 12 kilos more than I had 2 weeks before. Actually the routine has been kind of easy... the new trainer has me doing a different set of exercises than I had been before so it may take a little while before I can find my maximum threshold again. In the meantime I'm getting big in all the right places. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home