Sunday, June 11, 2006

Plan 9 from Innerspace

Ye gads, I feel so much better today. There are two of me (at least two) and the one I like has resurfaced yet again to kick some ass and chew some bubblegum (and he's low on bubblegum). And it'll be my own ass that's gonna get a foot planted between the cheeks because tomorrow commences the new strategy. I'll get up at 7:00 for my morning mental centering, twenty minutes of zazen meditation, then it'll be a fifteen minute jog to jumpstart my heart and burn that excess fat I've accumulated the last couple weeks, followed by a protein shake and a hearty oatmeal platter (oatmeal garnished oatmeal with a side of oatmeal). Then it's on to appeasing my creative faculties, when I'll write some spendid god-awfulness for an hour. After that it'll be gym time. I got tired of switching between personal trainers that don't seem to give a damn about training anything but their girlfriends' tongues, so I got myself an on-line trainer (as oxymoronish as that may be) at gymamerica.com.

I'd left my old workout routine at the gym that closed down, so I figured I might as well start anew anyhow. This way I can really track my ongoing progress plus it has some patented space-age mathematical algorithms for calculating just how best to make me cry. And it'll adjust and rotate the exercises so I won't get bored (not that it's ever gotten boring). The best part is I don't have to watch it rub it's crotch all over the other trainees... (I have another website for that).

When I get back I'll have some eggs and toast, then I get to be spontaneous with a choice of tasks pulled from the "chore drawer" (either cleaning, laundry, groceries, or something I haven't thought up yet), then I'll make love to my guitar for a half hour. Then I'll have lunch, tuna fish on wheat bread topped with cheese, lettuce, and sprouts to fuel my daily Spanish lesson which will consist of me either reading some texts or bugging Francisco for an hour... or something (I haven't really developed a system to improve my Spanish yet). Then I'll read for an hour and eat some fruit and yogurt before going to the swimming pool for my tri-weekly dunking. Afterwards I'll have dinner, probably garlic chicken and rice again, and then I'll go to the internet cafe. I'll have a big garden salad after that and I'll have the rest of the evening to myself after I plan out Tuesday's routine.

That's what i've got so far anyways... and I'll be drinking water like a fish throughout the day too. The idea here is a balance of exercise, nutrition, creativity, education, and inner-peace. It seems the only way I can get anything done is if I make a very detailed, highly regemented daily schedule for myself... I left out all the other things like showering and changing my clothes and brushing my teeth, but they're actually on the list too next to their designated times and durations. It's only when I have multiple options and all the time in the world to complete them that I get nothing done... so as long as I have these step-by-step instructions to follow I'll acheive everything that I want to.

...of course tomorrow I have to go down to Polanco and pay off my passport's ransom, so thing's might get rearranged a little, but I still should be able to do most everything, I may just have to save the writing for Tuesday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home