Thursday, May 11, 2006

Busboy

The buses here are crazy, I mean crazy. First off you can hail them almost anywhere like a taxi, which is conveniant, and they don't always come to a stop, usually they slow down just enough so that you can board on and off while kinda half-running. Also conveniant. Another difference is that these buses appear to be the property of the driver, I guess. They all have them decorated in their own various ways and many have customized sound systems. The other day I got on a bus that had these huge sub woofers hooked up under the seats in back, that bus could boom. Cars here don't do the thing with the hydrolics with the switches (for tha bitches) but if they did the buses would prolly have that too.

This morning I got on one with Mad Max behind the wheel. Remember that game Paperboy? It was like that, but with a five ton bus instead of a bike and men, women and children instead of newspapers. At one point we started racing a rival bus; both were full of people and they were going at it like it was the Indy 500. I thought we were going to crash for sure when my bus veered into the other bus's lane, cutting it off, leaving us miraculously with an inch to spare. They told each other to go fuck their mothers while my bus gleaned what would have been the other bus's passengers, then we went along on our merry way. I got to work in record time. Crazy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home